Workshop Proposal Submission Guidelines
Every year, Romance Slam Jam offers comprehensive genre, business, and craft workshops for our author and reader attendees. We are looking for engaging and informative topics, with comprehensive and cleverly crafted blurbs that explain exactly what attendees will learn from your workshop.
If you are interested in presenting a workshop or reader event at RSJ, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- REAL NAME (First and Last)
- PEN NAME (First and Last)
- PHONE NUMBER
- WEB SITE
- WORKSHOP TITLE
- WORKSHOP/EVENT BLURB (200 words max; the blurb must be in sentence format NOT bullet points of the content of the workshop)
- YOUR QUALIFICATIONS TO SPEAK ON THE TOPIC/CATEGORY (for example, if you want to speak on business or legal subjects, what degrees, work experience, or business/legal qualifications do you have OTHER THAN having written a romance novel)
- WORKSHOP/PANEL INFORMATION CATEGORY (select one from below):
- Craft— Craft workshops focus on basic writing techniques including editing, plotting, developing characters, writing query letters and synopses, etc.
- Business — Business workshops focus on the career and business issues within the publishing industry (e.g., publishing contracts, working with an agent, etc.)
- Media/Marketing/Social Networking — Media and marketing workshops focus on everything from blog tours, to purchasing and distributing promo materials, to interview tactics, to building an author platform, to social media best practices, and so on.
- Indie Publishing/E-Books — The focus of these panels is on indie and self publishing e-books and print books, whether about writing, distribution, reading devices, marketing, etc.
- Specialty — Specialty workshops are the panels that may not fall into any of the above categories.
- Reader Event — Fun and interactive events where readers can engage with authors, play games and/or earn prizes.
- Other — Select this category only if none of the other categories fit your workshop/panel idea at all.
PLEASE NOTE regarding individual costs: If your proposal is accepted, you are responsible for any cost of items or services that you need or specifically request for your workshop/panel (e.g., printing, audiovisual, food/beverage etc.).